- How we help
- Apply for assistance
Apply for assistance
Children growing up with disability, serious illness or disadvantage need help from a special charity.
That charity is Variety the Children’s Charity.
Anyone – an individual or an organization – can apply to Variety the Children’s Charity for an Appeal. Check the general appeal guidelines and follow these simple steps:
- Click here to download the application form. If you don’t have access to a printer, please call the Variety Office on 8293 8744 and we will mail a form to you.
- Fill out the form. Please ensure you complete all fields and provide as much detail as possible.
- Get three written quotes if possible.
- Get at least two written references. These can be from a doctor, a teacher, a social worker or occupational therapist – someone that can describe to us how the equipment (or similar) will help your child.
- Attach information of your income. This can be payslips, tax return or Centrelink statement – everything is treated confidentially.
- Send your complete application into us at PO Box 1235, Marleston, SA, 5033.
- Within a week you will receive a confirmation letter – if you don’t hear from us, please contact Variety – The Children’s Charity on 8293 8744.
- Your application then goes to our volunteer Appeals Committee, which meets monthly. It will be allocated to a committee member for investigation – this person will be in contact with you to discuss your situation and your needs. They will then make a recommendation to the Appeals Committee. This process normally takes a minimum of two to three months.
- We will advise you of the outcome in writing.