IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON GRANT APPLICATIONS
Please note that during the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are making every effort to minimise disruption to our work practices and workflow whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our staff. We understand our families and referrers may be experiencing similar challenges. All enquiries including but not limited to invoices and reimbursements may face delays in being actioned. Our Kids Support team are working hard to avoid or limit any delays, however, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions we’re here to help. Please email us on [email protected]. For regular updates on Variety’s work you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Facebook group.
At this time this Grant is closed, if you would like to be notified of updates to the Grants status please fill in the form below.
Variety’s Communication Technology Grant provides kids living with a disability or sickness access to devices that will help them communicate with the world around them.
Items that can be requested include below. If you would like to request a different item not listed please contact the Kids Support Team before applying.
- Tablet or laptop (up to a value of $1,500)
- Communication software or apps
- Speech generating device – eye control devices, static display devices, dynamic display devices
- Voice amplifier
- External speakers for communication devices
- Switch for a communication device
- Mounting system – to hold communication device in place
To be considered for a Communication Technology Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Previous recipients of a Communication Technology Grant may be eligible to apply again in two years after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply again for a Communication Technology grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP or Specialist before starting an application so they can best support you through the process.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]