Variety’s Communication Technology Grant provides kids living with a disability or sickness access to devices that will help them communicate with the world around them.
Items that can be requested include below. If you would like to request a different item not listed please contact the Kids Support Team before applying.
- Tablet or laptop (up to a value of $1,500)
- Communication software or apps
- Speech generating device – eye control devices, static display devices, dynamic display devices
- Voice amplifier
- External speakers for communication devices
- Switch for a communication device
- Mounting system – to hold communication device in place
To be considered for a Communication Technology Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Previous recipients of a Communication Technology Grant may be eligible to apply again in two years after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply again for a Communication Technology grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP or Specialist before starting an application so they can best support you through the process.
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Education Supplies; Medical Equipment & Supplies; Mobility Equipment; Nappies & Feeds; Vehicle Modifications; Wigs; Therapy for rare conditions and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]