IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON GRANT APPLICATIONS
Please note that during the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are making every effort to minimise disruption to our work practices and workflow whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our staff. We understand our families and referrers may be experiencing similar challenges. All enquiries including but not limited to invoices and reimbursements may face delays in being actioned. Our Kids Support team are working hard to avoid or limit any delays, however, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions we’re here to help. Please email us on [email protected]. For regular updates on Variety’s work you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Facebook group.
At this time this Grant is closed, if you would like to be notified of updates to the Grants status please fill in the form below.
Variety’s Education Supplies Grant provides kids living with financial hardship access to education supplies, items, and resources that they need to focus on their school work.
Grants, up to the value of $1,000, can be used to pay for items (listed below) related directly to a child’s education over a 12 month period:
- School Camp Fee (facilitated through the school they are attending only) – camp fee only and does not include any additional costs.
- Clothing – school uniforms and school shoes
- Outings – school excursions/incursions (an incursion is defined as an activity organised by the school, whereby an outside body is employed to come into the school to run an educational activity for the students).
- Educational Resources – textbooks, stationery and/or school bag
To be considered for an Education Supplies Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 4 to 18 years
- Previous recipients of an Education Supplies Grant are not eligible to apply again for 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for an Education Supplies Grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your School before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.