Variety’s Education Supplies Grant provides kids living with financial hardship access to education supplies, items, and resources that they need to focus on their school work.
Due to an overwhelming level of applications, this grant is currently not available. Please put your details below and we’ll keep you updated.
For those who have commenced an application please click here.
Grants, up to the value of $1,000, can be used to pay for items (listed below) related directly to a child’s education over a 12 month period:
- School Camp Fee (facilitated through the school they are attending only) – camp fee only and does not include any additional costs.
- Clothing – school uniforms and school shoes
- Outings – school excursions/incursions (an incursion is defined as an activity organised by the school, whereby an outside body is employed to come into the school to run an educational activity for the students).
- Educational Resources – textbooks, stationery and/or school bag
To be considered for an Education Supplies Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 4 to 18 years
- Previous recipients of an Education Supplies Grant are not eligible to apply again for 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for an Education Supplies Grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your School before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Medical Equipment & Supplies; Mobility Equipment; Nappies & Feeds; Communication Technology; Vehicle Modifications; Wigs; Therapy for rare conditions and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]