IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON GRANT APPLICATIONS
Please note that during the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are making every effort to minimise disruption to our work practices and workflow whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our staff. We understand our families and referrers may be experiencing similar challenges. All enquiries including but not limited to invoices and reimbursements may face delays in being actioned. Our Kids Support team are working hard to avoid or limit any delays, however, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions we’re here to help. Please email us on [email protected]. For regular updates on Variety’s work you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Facebook group.
At this time this Grant is closed, if you would like to be notified of updates to the Grants status please fill in the form below.
Variety’s Medical Equipment & Supplies Grant goes towards purchasing essential medical and health equipment to assist a child living with sickness or disability.
More than one item from the below list can be requested in a grant application. These must be directly related to the child’s diagnosis and be supported by a GP and Allied Health Professional.
- Auditory – hearing aids, cochlear implants
- Bedroom Items – electric or specialised beds, mattresses
- Cough Assist Machine
- CPAP Machine
- Electric Stimulation Systems – medical devices that stimulate nerves and muscles
- Epilepsy Monitor
- Helmets – cranial helmets used for shaping skulls or safety helmets for seizures
- Insulin Pump
- Nebulizer or Humidifier
- Orthotics – Dynamic Movement Orthoses, second skin, dynamic splits or compression stockings
- Oxygen Pumps
- Sensory Equipment – items promoting the stimulation of the senses (sight, touch, smell and emotion)
- Seizure Alarms and Mats
- Suction Pumps
- Vision Care – corrective equipment (glasses not included)
To be considered for a Medical Equipment & Supplies Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a chronic illness or disability
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another Medical & Supplies Grant until 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Medical & Supplies Grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.