Variety’s Medical Equipment & Supplies Grant goes towards purchasing essential medical and health equipment to assist a child living with sickness or disability.
More than one item from the below list can be requested in a grant application. These must be directly related to the child’s diagnosis and be supported by a GP and Allied Health Professional.
- Auditory – hearing aids, cochlear implants
- Bedroom Items – electric or specialised beds, mattresses
- Cough Assist Machine
- CPAP Machine
- Electric Stimulation Systems – medical devices that stimulate nerves and muscles
- Epilepsy Monitor
- Helmets – cranial helmets used for shaping skulls or safety helmets for seizures
- Insulin Pump
- Nebulizer or Humidifier
- Orthotics – Dynamic Movement Orthoses, second skin, dynamic splits or compression stockings
- Oxygen Pumps
- Sensory Equipment – items promoting the stimulation of the senses (sight, touch, smell and emotion)
- Seizure Alarms and Mats
- Suction Pumps
- Vision Care – corrective equipment (glasses not included)
To be considered for a Medical Equipment & Supplies Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a chronic illness or disability
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another Medical & Supplies Grant until 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Medical & Supplies Grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Education Supplies; Mobility Equipment; Nappies & Feeds; Communication Technology; Vehicle Modifications; Wigs; Therapy for rare conditions and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]