Variety’s Mobility Equipment Grant provides kids with access to mobility equipment to help support them to do the everyday things they may otherwise struggle with due to sickness or disability.
You can select one or more of the following as part of the grant request. These must be directly related to the diagnosis and supported by a GP or Allied Health Professional.
- Bike – including modified bikes, trikes, and scooters
- Car Seats – including position systems
- Gait trainer
- Helmets – including safety helmets for bikes and seizures
- Hoists/Lifts – including electric and manual hoists, slings
- In-home mobility therapeutic items – including trampolines
- Positioning Systems – including hi-lo chairs, side layers
- Ramps – Access ramps for car, homes or buildings (non-capital works)
- Shower Chairs
- Standers – standing frames and standing assistive equipment
- Strollers – Strictly for children aged 5 years and younger only
- Toilet Chairs
- Wheelchairs – Powered/Electric
- Wheelchairs – Manual
To be considered for a Mobility Equipment Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a chronic illness or disability
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another Mobility grant until 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Mobility grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Education Supplies; Medical Equipment & Supplies; Nappies & Feeds; Communication Technology; Vehicle Modifications; Wigs; Therapy for rare conditions and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]