IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON GRANT APPLICATIONS
Please note that during the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are making every effort to minimise disruption to our work practices and workflow whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our staff. We understand our families and referrers may be experiencing similar challenges. All enquiries including but not limited to invoices and reimbursements may face delays in being actioned. Our Kids Support team are working hard to avoid or limit any delays, however, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions we’re here to help. Please email us on [email protected]. For regular updates on Variety’s work you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Facebook group.
At this time this Grant is closed, if you would like to be notified of updates to the Grants status please fill in the form below.
Variety’s Mobility Equipment Grant provides kids with access to mobility equipment to help support them to do the everyday things they may otherwise struggle with due to sickness or disability.
You can select one or more of the following as part of the grant request. These must be directly related to the diagnosis and supported by a GP or Allied Health Professional.
- Bike – including modified bikes, trikes, and scooters
- Car Seats – including position systems
- Gait trainer
- Helmets – including safety helmets for bikes and seizures
- Hoists/Lifts – including electric and manual hoists, slings
- In-home mobility therapeutic items – including trampolines
- Positioning Systems – including hi-lo chairs, side layers
- Ramps – Access ramps for car, homes or buildings (non-capital works)
- Shower Chairs
- Standers – standing frames and standing assistive equipment
- Strollers – Strictly for children aged 5 years and younger only
- Toilet Chairs
- Wheelchairs – Powered/Electric
- Wheelchairs – Manual
To be considered for a Mobility Equipment Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a chronic illness or disability
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another Mobility grant until 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Mobility grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.