It is with a heavy heart that we write to inform you that we are going to have to postpone the Cruise from this Thursday. Like many of you, it’s difficult to fathom the impact of Covid-19 but we have the odds stacked against us with this virus with the following challenges:
- The latest medical advice is that despite the relatively low number of cases in WA, this is escalating quickly and we risk putting both our participants, and the communities we visit at risk. We have been directly informed that in the unlikely event we have a participant experiencing symptoms, we wouldn’t be able to respond appropriately.
- Schools that we were visiting have now withdrawn in line with latest Education Department guidelines.
- We cannot get supplies such as hand sanitiser, face masks, and other associated equipment.
- Several of our participants do have pre-existing conditions.
- Some of our catering partners from the route have reported to us shortages of food items due to panic buying.
We repeat, this is a postponement, not a cancellation.
We will have a new date for you in the next week once we can lock down the venues. We want to make sure we deliver you an event that is the right standard – even if we were able to go ahead for Thursday, we just could not deliver a high standard event – not cool for our 10th!
I know this is disappointing and we are gutted but please understand that we are absolutely committed to keeping the support for our kids growing. We are in a very fluid time currently and government policies and recommendations are changing daily – but your health and safety and that of the community is our #1 priority.
Thanks so much for your support and understanding.
Anthony Begley (Chief Barker/Cruise Boss) and Tony Hume (CEO)