We help when others can't
Variety helps thousands of children and their families each year with financial support for things like equipment, therapy, and medical supplies. We aim to ‘fill the gaps’ and prioritise requests for which there is no or limited government support.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be NSW or ACT residents
- Applications can only be accepted for children up to and including the age of 18, as at the date of submission
- Applications may be made on behalf of children who are sick, disabled, disadvantaged or have special needs
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or have Permanent Resident status
- Any missing information or documentation will deem the application ineligible
- Ensure you check with your planner before submitting an application to see if your needs can be met via existing government sources (e.g. NDIS, EnableNSW) or other support services.
How to apply?
Begin by checking your eligibility, reading the guidelines, then start your application. Ensure you have all necessary supporting documentation as any missing information or documentation will deem the application ineligible.
Please ensure you check with your planner before submitting an application to see if your needs can be met via existing government sources (e.g. NDIS, EnableNSW) or other support services.
How Variety helps
All kids deserve the same opportunities in life. No matter what life throws at them. Variety helps children and their families overcome the obstacles they are facing and live life to the fullest.
Variety helps children gain independence and the freedom to be themselves, no matter what their ability. We provide financial support for things like wheelchairs, walking frames, hoists and vehicle modifications. Even in-home therapy equpiment like trampolines and pools.
Variety helps children with special needs communicate better with specialised communications devices like iPads, laptops, Braille notetakers and specialised software.
Variety helps families care for children with a medical condition in their own home by providing vital medical items and equipment. You can apply for things like feeds, nappies, wigs for hair loss, orthotics, seizure alarms and sensory equipment.
Variety offers specialist help to children affected by a rare disease or condition. If you are finding it difficult to access support for your child’s condition, you can apply for a medical support grant of up to $1000 and ongoing case management.
Schools and organisations
Variety helps schools and organisations with things like all-ability playgrounds, Liberty swings (modified for special needs), and sunshine coaches for transporting children, which can be wheelchair modified.