What grants does Variety offer?
Variety offer grants to both individuals and organisations to help children when others can’t. We support organisations, kids and their families challenged by disability or chronic illness, geographic isolation and suffering financial hardship.
Who can apply for a Variety Grant?
- Children aged 0 to 17 years
- Residents of Queensland, but it is not necessary to have Australian citizenship
What does Variety look for when assessing applications?
An application must meet all eligibility requirements. In addition to reviewing each applicant based on their merit, we also look for the following:
- Clear, concise information. Define exactly what the child or organisation requires and why.
- Correct legible attachments.
- Support letters from an appropriate professional that directly discuss and focus on what the child’s or organisations needs are.
- If the application is not clear and/or doesn’t include requested information or attachments, it may be declined.
What if I need help completing an application?
We strongly recommend speaking to your child’s support professionals, caseworkers and teachers to assist you during the process. If you require further support or clarification, please contact our Kids Support Team on 07 3907 9300 or [email protected]
What is the decision making process for Variety Grant applications?
Once the application form has been submitted, it will be passed onto our CEO and Grants Committee for review and recommendation. All grants are subject to final Board approval who meet once per month. The process can take up to 2-3 months to be informed of our decision.