Variety Tasmania gives grants to organisations that support Tassie kids in need, including schools, not-for-profit organisations and community groups. These grants can be for items such as medical equipment or interactive playground equipment, or Creative Arts Therapy. Variety Tasmania also offers a Bikes4Kids Program to assist organisations to purchase bikes for children who are sick, disadvantaged or have additional needs.
To organisations that support kids in need, including schools, not-for-profits and community groups we grant items such as Educational Resources, Interactive Playground Equipment, Mobility Equipment and Communication Devices. We also deliver programs like the Variety Creative Arts Program and the Variety School Breakfast Club.
Click here to read the full Guidelines.
Variety School Breakfast Club enables schools to deliver a nutritious breakfast five days a week, to all students in their school – to eliminate the stigma of partaking.
- Your School or Association must be based and operating in Tasmania.
- Your School, Organisation or Association must directly serve, or support, students aged under 18 years old and service students who :
- Are experiencing socioeconomic hardship – ICSEA Score of less than 1000.
- Regularly experience food insecurity
- Your school or organisation must be willing to provide a breakfast service to all students (regardless of financial circumstances) on every school day that students are in attendance.
- Your school or organisation must have suitable on-site facilities for preparing food to be served to young people or have external support from other local groups or organisations who are keen to rollout the program.
- Your school or organisation must be willing to provide regular monthly/term efficacy reports including number of meals provided, number of students served, plus pre and post breakfast program data on school attendance, student behavior, general academic performance, and anonymized qualitative feedback from students, teachers, parents, and volunteers.
- Your school must be willing to work with local community organisations and businesses who may be able to provide volunteers, in-kind donations, or food.
The Variety Creative Arts Program are small-group workshops run by a qualified Arts Therapist.
Read more about the Variety Creative Arts Program.
If your school would like to apply for the Variety Creative Arts Program, please click here to apply for a Community & School Grant.
To read the full guidelines, please click here.
There is nothing quite like riding a bike, that makes a child’s face light up with joy. The Variety Bikes4Kids Program aims to give the gift of freedom, independence, exercise and joy to children who are sick or have additional needs, or those who have never been fortunate enough to have a bike of their own.
For organisations who want to apply for a Bikes4Kids grant please click here
For individual families who want to apply for bike for their own child, please click here.