Variety provides up to $10,000 towards the modification of a vehicle to make it possible for a child to access and travel in the family vehicle, something they are currently unable to do due to their disability.
Vehicle modifications include changes to a vehicle or the installation of equipment in a vehicle that will enable a child to gain access to the vehicle. This can include enabling the child to:
- get in and out of the vehicle with or without a wheelchair;
- carry their wheelchair in or on the vehicle without lifting; or
- be transported safely whilst seated in their wheelchair.
To be considered for a Vehicle Modifications Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a disability
- The vehicle requiring modification must be less than three years old and under 45,000kms at the time of submission
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another a Vehicle Modification grant until five (5) years after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Vehicle Modification grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends you consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process.Full Guidelines Begin a New Application Continue Existing Application
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Education Supplies; Medical Equipment & Supplies; Mobility Equipment; Nappies & Feeds; Communication Technology; Wigs; Therapy for rare conditions and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]