IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON GRANT APPLICATIONS
Please note that during the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are making every effort to minimise disruption to our work practices and workflow whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our staff. We understand our families and referrers may be experiencing similar challenges. All enquiries including but not limited to invoices and reimbursements may face delays in being actioned. Our Kids Support team are working hard to avoid or limit any delays, however, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions we’re here to help. Please email us on [email protected]. For regular updates on Variety’s work you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Facebook group.
At this time this Grant is closed, if you would like to be notified of updates to the Grants status please fill in the form below.
Variety provides up to $10,000 towards the modification of a vehicle to make it possible for a child to access and travel in the family vehicle, something they are currently unable to do due to their disability.
Vehicle modifications include changes to a vehicle or the installation of equipment in a vehicle that will enable a child to gain access to the vehicle. This can include enabling the child to:
- get in and out of the vehicle with or without a wheelchair;
- carry their wheelchair in or on the vehicle without lifting; or
- be transported safely whilst seated in their wheelchair.
To be considered for a Vehicle Modifications Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a disability
- The vehicle requiring modification must be less than three years old and under 45,000kms at the time of submission
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another a Vehicle Modification grant until five (5) years after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Vehicle Modification grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends you consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process.