Applications for the We Join Grant are now closed. To be notified of the next round, sign up to our newsletter.
Variety NSW/ACT promotes inclusivity for all Australian children. Schools and NFP organisations are invited to apply for a grant up to $10,000 to purchase equipment that will promote access and inclusivity in the community for children aged 0-18 years, living with financial disadvantage, geographic isolation and/or a disability or chronic illness.
Your grant request can include one or more items but it must directly benefit the children in your community. Some examples to get you thinking are technology like smart boards; supplies like school bubblers, library resources or musical instruments; play or canteen equipment; or perhaps funding for a school camp or group outing. If you have an idea but you’re not sure if it would come under the grant guidelines, please reach out to the kids support team – [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
- Be a school or NFP organisation
- Be based and operating in NSW or ACT
- Support children aged 0 – 18
- Directly support kids or young people living with a disability, chronic illness, financial hardship or geographic isolation
You will be required to address the following points:
- Name and contact details of applicant and representative
- Description of applicant and service objectives
- Information about requested item(s) including supplier information, quote, why it is needed and the impact it will have
- Desired outcomes and measurements
- Funding and financial information
- Supplies, e.g. bubblers, garden supplies, library supplies, musical instruments etc
- Equipment, e.g. play equipment, adaptive toys, sporting equipment, beach wheelchairs, canteen equipment etc
- Technology: g. Coding supplies, 3D printers, smart boards, hearing loops etc
- Experiences, e.g. transport to school camp or group activity that would otherwise be unavailable