Variety wants to get kids moving! The We Move Grant is one way we are making that happen.
This grant supports families in purchasing life-changing equipment to increase physical development, independence, and social inclusion. The primary aim of the We Move Grant is to provide mobility equipment that is not easily available through statutory services.
The details of the grant are different to the mobility grant we have had previously so please have a look at the guidelines to see if you are able to apply. We also recommend you speak with your support person (e.g. medical professional, case worker, teacher, OT) to ensure they are able to assist you with some key sections of the application.
Once you start an application, you can save and come back to it at any time.
Translated We Move Grant Flyers
Click the button below to download a We Move Grant flyer in Arabic.
Click the button below to download a We Move Grant flyer in Assyrian.
Click the button below to download a We Move Grant flyer in Hazaragi.
Click the button below to download a We Move Grant flyer in Persian.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are eligible to apply for a personal grant provided that the beneficiary of the grant:
• is a resident in NSW or ACT
• is aged 18 or under
• lives with a disability or long-term health condition as recognised by a designated health professional.
• the family household income is below $200,000 per annum (this includes child support payments, rental income, investment income or any other income that is received by any parent/carer who is financially responsible for the beneficiary
• the beneficiary has not previously received grants from Variety NSW/ACT that total more than $50,000.
Our current grant priorities are, but not limited to:
• adaptive toys
• robotic feeders
• special needs strollers and pushchairs (strictly for children aged five years and under)
• wheelchairs – powered/electric/manual/sports (must be assessed, prescribed, and trialed by a licensed OT)
• Carrot Car Seats
• paediatric wheelchairs e.g. Permobil Koala and Wizzy Bugs
• bikes – including modified bikes, trikes and scooters
• Race Runners
Applications are open from 1st July 2021 and are available all year.
To be eligible for a We Move Grant the family household income needs to below $200,000 per annum. This income includes child support payments, rental income, investment income or any other income that is received by any parent/carer who is financially responsible for the beneficiary.
i. the need for the request
ii. how the request will support the overall care plan and benefit the child
iii. evidence of a trial of the equipment (if applicable).
Provide your chosen supplier with a copy of your outcome letter and ask them to issue an itemised tax invoice addressed to Variety – the Children’s Charity. They should also include your child’s name or the grant reference number on the invoice.
Upload the invoice into your Variety account.
Once the invoice is received into your Variety account it will be processed by Kids Support and paid directly to the supplier. Payment takes up to 3 weeks.
The family purchases the approved item(s) as listed on the outcome letter. Please ask for itemised tax receipts issued by the supplier. The reimbursement process is the same as the invoicing process.
Here’s what happens when you send through and application to Variety