Whilst completing your application form, you will need to include copies of supporting documents, such as:
- One copy of a recent notice or document that includes your name and address (e.g. copy of drivers licence, vehicle registration, electricity bill, phone bill, rates notice, bank or credit card statement – select only one document).
- Two letters of support from a doctor, medical specialist, counsellor, therapist, school teacher, educator or social worker that describes the benefits of the item/s. Please note that letters from ‘allied parties’ will not be considered as separate recommendations and further letters of recommendation will be required (for example, a teacher and principal from the same school, or an occupational therapist and physiotherapist from the same company/provider).
- Proof of income from all relevant parent/guardians will be required with Grant Applications. For those receiving paid employment, please provide copies of 4 recent payslips. If receiving Government Assistance, please provide a copies of Centrelink Statements. For those self-employed, a copy of the ATO’s Notice of Assessment/tax return for the most recent financial year should be provided.
- Quotes from two suppliers. The quotes must be less than two months old and include GST and freight charges, if applicable. The two quote rule can be varied if:
- The child’s family is in a remote area and there is only one supplier nearby.
- There is only one supplier in Tasmania.
When all features or capabilities of equipment/items are equal, and only the price is affected – Variety will only pay for the most competitive price from the quotes presented.