Although the kids will still be home Term 2 technically starts this week. We’ve found a couple of great resources to help parents and carers make the most out of this challenging time.
- The NSW Department of Education has some more information on their website for families about how Term 2 looks and the managed return to school from Week 3.
- The latest issue of Source Kids has a great article about homeschooling (the full issue is available online here)
- Scholastic has a great resource to keep the learning going which you can check out here.
- ABC Education also has some fabulous curriculum-linked resources for Primary and Secondary students and teachers.
- Our mates at Ellaslist have pulled together a list with a range of different educational resources that might be useful.
For easy reference details for Lifeline and Kids Helpline are below.
Lifeline: 24/7 free counselling service covering crisis support, suicide prevention. Online chat and phone services. Head to www.lifeline.org.au or call 13 11 14
Kids Helpline: Confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25. Head to kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling/ or call 1800 55 1800
You may also want to read
Variety NSW Bash 2021 – Day 2
Day 2 started with reports of chipping ice off windscreens in cold Inverell, but the excitement of...
Variety NSW Bash 2021 – Day 1
Newcastle turned on a glorious morning for us to leave and head off on the Variety 2021 NSW Bash! 18...