Variety Spin 4 Kids Sydney took the harbour city by storm last Friday, raising over $26,000 in the 5-hour spin bike challenge.
The tunes were loud – and the tutus and tights were even louder – as more than 90 people across nine teams sweated it out in the sunshine at View By Sydney, Walsh Bay.
Endeavour Energy scooped the pool on the day taking out both the highest fundraising team award and the award for Kings and Queens of Spin for travelling a whopping 103km – more than 20km an hour!
Endeavour Energy’s Head of Commercial Finance, Marat Bliev, who led the team said they were thrilled to take part in the event – taking place in Sydney for the first time – and to play a role in helping kids and families.
“Serving the community is an central part of the Endeavour Energy culture so when the CEO approached us about getting involved in Variety Spin 4 Kids Sydney, it was an easy call for us to make,” he said.
“All of our employees, as well as their friends and family, were just so happy to give and support our team – especially when they knew the funds were going towards helping kids and parents who are really doing it tough.”
“Our strategy on the bike was just to have fun while supporting a great cause – and it obviously worked!”
Variety NSW Acting General Manager, David Small, said the money raised will enable Variety to deliver more grants, programs and experiences to those kids who are sick, disadvantaged or living with a disability.
“Last year, we impacted the lives of 28,500 children in NSW and the ACT, spending over $2.5 million on helping kids in need,” he said.
“These funds raised will help us to build on these numbers to make sure all kids can reach their potential, regardless of their ability or background.”
Our congratulations to all of the prize-winning teams who went above and beyond while sharing in the spinning fun:
- Kings and Queens of Spin: Endeavour Energy
- Best Dressed Team: Dedes Waterfront Group
- Spirit of Spin Team: Spinning Around
- Highest Fundraising Team: Endeavour Energy
- Highest Fundraising Individual: Dave Johnson
Spin 4 Kids Sydney would not have been possible without our generous sponsors and supporters so our thanks to everyone who helped to make the day such a great success:
- Infinite Cycle: A huge shout out to our presenting partner for not only supplying awesome spin bikes but also the incredible instructors who kept the teams going all day.
- View By Sydney: For all their support and that incredible view that helped everyone to keep their eyes on the prize.
- Mike Wilkins: For bringing the fun and ensuring the vibe and energy levels were high all day.
- Kwik Kopy Chatswood
- Sydney Audio Visual Specialist
- Grainger Films
- Gavin Little Photography
Keen to know more about Variety fundraising events?
Be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with all information regarding Variety events and fundraising campaigns.