At our Variety Vic Bash Virtual Pub Night on Wednesday 6 October, we announced that despite not being able to go on the road, the 2021 Variety Vic Bash raised a whopping…
We would like to congratulate each and every person who played a part in making this possible. From entrants, to officials, donors, supporters and volunteers – THANK YOU for your outstanding contributions!
We would also like to acknowledge our tremendous sponsors for their support across some of the most challenging years in Variety’s history. Thank you WM Waste Management Services, ACE Radio, Seeley International, Isuzu Trucks, Budget Car & Truck Rental, Sheen Panel Service, Ambulance Victoria and Fire Rescue Victoria. Your ongoing commitment to kids in need is nothing short of remarkable.
Just shy of $150k is already on its way to make a difference to kids across the country! Take a look at where these funds are headed…
- $58,768 – Sunshine Coach – Flying Fox Services, Williamstown sponsored by WM Waste
- $18,311 – Specialised double stroller with medical attachments for PEG feeding to support two children with disabilities
- $20,000 – Quiet therapy Zone – Bendigo Health
- $9,253 – Glider Chairs – Bendigo Special Development School
- $10,000 – Variety SHINE Program – Weeroona College, Bendigo
- $3,600 – Bikes for Bike Ed Program – Lightning Reef Primary, Bendigo
- $8,632 – Class set of iPads – St Joseph’s Primary, Charlton
- $8,140 – Outdoor climbing equipment – Murray Valley Aboriginal Co-Op, Robinvale
- $10,000 – Multipurpose room upgrades – Halls Gap Primary
Interested in joining our 2022 Variety Vic Bash adventure? Enquire now!
You may also want to read
Granting a Disability Stroller to Amaleah and Iliyas
Siblings, 6 year old Amaleah and 5-year-old Iliyas live with their parents. Both children have Level 3-Non Verbal Autism and to help with their mobility, Variety has granted them a tandem disability stroller. Read more about their story here.
Variety Raises Record-breaking $415,000 at Toyota AFL Grand Final Lunch
The annual Variety Toyota AFL Grand Final Lunch has achieved an unprecedented milestone, raising a staggering $415,000 in funds for Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria. This significant accomplishment has not only surpassed the fundraising target set to procure two Variety Sunshine Coaches, but also promises to bolster the support extended through our grants program in Victoria over the forthcoming year.
Variety Toyota AFL Grand Final Lunch Award Winners Announced
In a glittering ceremony held at the Variety Toyota AFL Grand Final Lunch on September 27, 2023, two outstanding individuals were recognised and celebrated. Kate Darby, from the Geelong Football Club, was awarded the prestigious 2023 Tom Hafey Heart of Football Award, while Charlee Lang, a 15-year-old gymnast, received the 2023 Variety Young Sports Achiever award.