From inspiring guest speakers to glamorous fashion parades and gourmet food sensations, Variety Toy Bank’s sell-out events light up Perth’s social calendar, whilst also raising money, awareness and toys for WA kids in need.
All guests are asked to donate a new, unwrapped toy to the minimum value of $30 when they attend the event.
The toys donated at every event are given to children in refuges who are forced to flee their homes due to domestic violence incidents. Each toy gives a child joy and hope, by showing that someone cares.
What we do
Variety Toy Bank hosts a number of annual events that are highly anticipated in Perth’s social calendar. Each guest that attends a Variety Toy Bank Event is asked to donate an unwrapped new toy. The format of events often include a raffle, an auction and a guest speaker or highlight entertainment.
The Gift of a Toy
Since 1994, Variety Toy Bank has brought happiness to children who have escaped domestic violence situations and are being sheltered in women’s refuges. By giving the simple gift of a brand new toy to children in refuges around the state, Variety Toy Bank helps give children a reason to smile and hope, knowing that people care at an often traumatic time in their lives.
Support to live, laugh and learn
All funds raised at Variety Toy Bank events go to WA kids who are sick, disadvantaged or living with disability to help them and their families to live, laugh and learn.
Variety WA supports WA kids in need in 4 ways – by providing grants, scholarships, programs and experiences to help give them a fair go.
What you can do
Variety Toy Bank would not be able to positively impact the lives of disadvantaged children without the generous support of local businesses and individuals.
Attend a function
Join us at one or more of our functions each year, register your details via the website to ensure you receive our invites. Get a group of friends together for a fun enjoyable day, to support Variety Toy Bank, participate in our generous raffles, auctions, door prizes to help this worthy cause.
Donate a Toy
Bring along a new unwrapped toy that is then collected and taken to the Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services and then distributed among the 39 Women’s refuges around Western Australia. Toy World Subiaco have been long term generous sponsors of Toy Bank who provide a discount on toys purchased for our events. Toys are delivered on your behalf to the events.
Need toy ideas?
- Store Vouchers – Vouchers for stores that are found in rural areas are of real value because it is difficult and costly to send toys to these areas. Vouchers are able to be cashed in for much needed toys for the children. Refer below to the list of stores found in rural areas.
- Musical Instruments – Including simple instruments such as xylophones and good quality small drums.
- Vouchers for AQWA/Scitech/Bowling/Movies. When children are going through difficult times it is great to be able to take them on outings so that they can have pleasant experiences.
- Items for Teenage Girls and Boys – Teenagers have very different needs to younger children. Great items include iTunes vouchers.
- Sporting Equipment – The children benefit greatly from being able to exercise and play team games, sporting equipment is very much appreciated.
- Hand Puppets from Protective Behaviours WA – These and other PB Resources would need to be purchased first and then donated. They can be found at this website www.protectivebehaviourswa.org.au
Become a Sponsor
Opportunities are available to sponsor our events, programs and prizes. We welcome support at all levels from goods and services to monetary donations. Contact us to find out more on how you can become a sponsor.
Variety Toy Bank Patrons & Ambassadors
- Dr Anne Aly MP – Ambassador
- The Honourable Kim Beazley AC Governor of Western Australia – Patron
2021 Raffle Winners
- 1st prize – Lisa Ausden
- 2nd prize – Cheryl Archibald
- 3rd prize – Amy Bailey-Thompson
- 4th prize – Lisa Adams