Variety’s Education Technology Grant provides kids living with financial hardship access to general technology to increase and encourage their educational goals, where they may not otherwise be afforded the opportunity to do so.
Variety’s Education Technology Grant is open from 1st November 2019 – 1st March 2020
Recipients will be able to utilise the grant to pay* for any items they select from the exclusive list below up to a value where identified below over a 12 month period.
Up to a total maximum value of $1500 for Kids aged 4‐12 attending Primary School (K‐6 classes)
- iPad only
- Educational apps (e.g. Reading Eggs, Maths Seeds etc.)
- Protective Case
- Tablet accessories
Up to a total maximum value of $1500 for Kids aged 12‐18 attending High School or TAFE
- iPad OR Computer/Laptop
- Educational software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Reading Doctor etc.)
- Protective Case
- Laptop accessories (e.g. Mouse, stylus pen etc)
To be considered for an Education Technology Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 4 to 18 years
- Previous recipients of an Education Technology Grant may be eligible to apply again in 3 years after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for an Education Technology Grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your School before starting an application so they can best support you through the process. Please read the full grant guidelines before applying.
*Please note Variety – the Children’s Charity NSW/ACT pays directly on the invoice only. Cash is not given direct to families. Reimbursements must be preapproved by Variety before processing.
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Medical Equipment & Supplies; Mobility Equipment; Nappies & Feeds; Communication Technology; Vehicle Modifications; Wigs; Therapy for rare conditions and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]