Variety assists with the purchase of therapeutic interventions to support kids who have been diagnosed with a rare disease or condition over a 12 month period.
You can select one or more of the following as part of the grant request up to the value of $1,500:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapist
To be considered for a Therapy Grant Rare Care you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a Rare Disease or condition. A rare disease is any disorder or condition that is life-threatening or chronically debilitating, which is also statistically rare. For the purposes of the Therapy Grant, rare conditions are defined as a rate of one in 2,500 or less. Variety uses ORPHANET (an internationally recognised list of rare diseases and conditions) as a primary resource for confirmation of diseases and conditions. http://www.orpha.net/
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another a Therapy grant until 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Therapy grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist, Therapist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process.Full Guidelines Begin a New Application Continue Existing Application
Not quite the right fit? Have a look at the other grants available to help give kids a fair go.
To meet an individual’s needs have a look at the Education Supplies; Medical Equipment & Supplies; Mobility Equipment; Nappies & Feeds; Communication Technology; Vehicle Modifications; Wigs and Variety Every Chance to Play (ACT only) grants.
If you have any questions or are at all unsure about the process, please give us a call on 02 9819 1000 or flick us an email [email protected]