IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON GRANT APPLICATIONS
Please note that during the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are making every effort to minimise disruption to our work practices and workflow whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our staff. We understand our families and referrers may be experiencing similar challenges. All enquiries including but not limited to invoices and reimbursements may face delays in being actioned. Our Kids Support team are working hard to avoid or limit any delays, however, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions we’re here to help. Please email us on [email protected]. For regular updates on Variety’s work you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Facebook group.
At this time this Grant is closed, if you would like to be notified of updates to the Grants status please fill in the form below.
Variety assists with the purchase of therapeutic interventions to support kids who have been diagnosed with a rare disease or condition over a 12 month period.
You can select one or more of the following as part of the grant request up to the value of $1,500:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapist
To be considered for a Therapy Grant Rare Care you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must live in NSW or ACT
- Applications can only be accepted for kids aged 0 to 18 years
- Applicants must be medically diagnosed with a Rare Disease or condition. A rare disease is any disorder or condition that is life-threatening or chronically debilitating, which is also statistically rare. For the purposes of the Therapy Grant, rare conditions are defined as a rate of one in 2,500 or less. Variety uses ORPHANET (an internationally recognised list of rare diseases and conditions) as a primary resource for confirmation of diseases and conditions. http://www.orpha.net/
- Previous recipients will not be considered for another a Therapy grant until 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter (though you may still be eligible for another of our grants during this time)
- Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible to reapply for a Therapy grant 12 months after the date listed on their outcome letter
Variety recommends consulting with your NDIS planner (if you have one), GP, Specialist, Therapist or Social/Support Worker before starting an application so they can best support you through the process.