Individuals or organisations are able to apply for funding assistance at any time of the year.
The Variety SA Grants Committee oversees all applications for assistance to ensure that requests are considered in a fair and equitable way, and given priority in relation to urgency of need and availability of funds.
The Variety SA Grants Committee meets once a month and applications are considered against set guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Variety supports causes that assist children up to 18 years of age.
- Variety SA does not give cash donations; we only fund the purchase of equipment and tangible items.
- Variety SA will not approve grant applications where alternative funding sources are available. Proof of any unsuccessful alternate funding should be included in the application.
- Applications will not be considered for retrospective funding.
- Variety SA does not usually fund research or rehabilitation services, bikes and trikes for children under 5, medical or service provider costs, or salaries and administration costs. Research, rehabilitation services, salaries and administration costs may however be considered as part of a major project where no other alternate funding is available.
- Variety SA funds vehicles for organisations as well as individuals, provided that applicants are deemed to not be able to fully finance the purchase of the vehicle themselves
- Each applicant (individual or organisation) must complete the Variety SA application for assistance form available on this website. All questions must be answered and additional paperwork submitted as requested – if this does not occur, it will delay the decision process as grants will not be reviewed until all information is received.
- As a general rule, there is a limit of one grant per recipient per year, except in special circumstances.
- The Grants Committee will assess each grant thoroughly; if more information is required, a committee member may follow up via telephone, email, post or in person.
- The entire process normally takes up to several months for an outcome to be advised. Once the grant application has been received Variety SA will send the applicant letter within 1 week to confirm receipt, giving a grant reference number. After the meeting of the Variety SA Board has endorsed the Grant Committee’s recommendations the applicant will be notified in writing whether their application has been approved or declined. The grant reference number must be quoted on all invoices relating to payment of expenses for the grant. Unless an extension has been granted all grant funding will expire within 12 months of the date of approval.