Before you apply
Assistance is available for South Australian children aged up to 18 years of age, who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs. To apply for assistance, you must be able to demonstrate a genuine need (including financial evidence) and information on how the assistance requested will meet this need. In most instances, you’ll also require supporting letters from relevant professionals (e.g. Specialists, Therapists,Teachers) and quotes for the items requested.
Assistance is available for organisations supporting South Australian children aged up to 18 years of age, who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs. To apply for assistance, you must be able to demonstrate a genuine need (including financial evidence) and information on how the assistance requested will meet this need.
A strong application will demonstrate the following:
- Unmet need i.e. it cannot be met through the organisation’s own funding, through government or other organisation funding;
- Direct benefit to the children in the care of the organisation
Supporting documents may differ between grant programs, but generally include:
- Two quotes for each item requested. The quotes must be less than three months old and include freight charges, if applicable.
- Where appropriate, a budget for a project or program can be provided, supported by quotes wherever possible (organisation application).
- Current financial information (financial statements for an organisation / Centrelink statements and/or payslips for an individual). All information provided is confidential.
- Two supporting letters from professional sources, which could be an Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Social Worker or other professional relevant to the application (individual applications)
Please refer to the guidelines for the grant program you are applying to for specific instructions.
Variety Grant Funding
Applications are lodged online for the following:
- Sunshine Coach
- Variety Sprout Fund
- Smile Program
- Hair With Heart
- Fill out the form. Please ensure you complete all fields and provide as much detail as possible.
- Make sure you have the relevant supporting documents as listed in the tab above.
- Submit your application online
- Your application then goes to our volunteer Grants Committee, which meets monthly. It will be allocated to a committee member for investigation – this person will be in contact with you to discuss your situation and your needs. They will then make a recommendation to the Grants Committee. This process normally takes a minimum of two to three months.
- We will advise you of the outcome in writing.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact our Grants Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 8293 8744